Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling (p 222)

This book was a really nice break from correcting essays.  I always reward myself when I get my first class done by reading a book.

 I liked how Kaling wrote in a way that you could hear her voice while reading what she had wrote.  She was able to tell a series of short stories that gave insight into her life and upbringing, but she did so in a way with humor.  She did have a potty mouth from time to time, but I feel like this made for a more authentic telling.  I think people would have to enjoy the characters that she has portrayed to really enjoy this book.

 I am looking forward to reading the sequal, now that I have finished her first biography.  My family is always looking for gift ideas for me.  I think suggesting her next book is a good idea considering the time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment